Become a Food First Student Intern (Summer 2023)
About Food First
Founded in 1975 by Joseph Collins and Frances Moore Lappé — author of the revolutionary bestseller, Diet for a Small Planet — Food First has been working to end the injustices that cause hunger for over 47 years. Starting in 2022, Food First transitioned towards more BIPOC-led and focused food justice/sovereignty programming.
About the Opportunity
As a Food First student intern you may choose to contribute to the formation, implementation and evaluation of new programs, communications, business operations and strategic initiatives. Interns will work directly with staff to execute the new strategic direction for the organization by logging 32 hours per week for up to 10 weeks with a monthly stipend of $1,950 for undergraduate students and $2,600 for graduate students.
The specific intern’s experience is intentionally designed with the intern to determine the best learning/development experience for them along with the ideal supervisor to support their interest.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student (including 2-year technical/vocational degree students)
- Superior verbal communication skills;
- Intermediate writing skills; research experience a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc) and diverse social media platforms
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Summer 2023 Internship Period: June 5, 2023 – August 18, 2023
- January 17, 2023 – Opening Date
- March 17, 2023 – Deadline to Apply